NEW YORK CITY (WABC) --If you have yet to buy your tickets for Wednesday's huge $500 million Powerball lottery drawing, where you buy your ticket could make the difference.
Eyewitness News reached out to the lottery offices in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to see which retailers have been the luckiest, with either yielding the most number of winners or biggest winnings overall.
Here's what we found:
The New York Lottery said Yonkers Grocery and Convenience at 795 Yonkers Ave. sold a $5 million scratch-off winner in January of 2015 and a $106 million Mega Millions ticket in October of 2015. The same store sold a $1 million scratch-off ticket in September 2014.
The lottery office provided this list of places where winning Powerball jackpot tickets were purchased:
1. 7-Eleven Store, Danbury | $10.4 million | 1/14/97
2. Mill Pain Exxon, Danbury | $36.4 million | 5/7/97
3. South Street Package, New Britain | $8.0 million | 6/25/97
4. Shop Smart, Seymour | $59.5 million | 6/25/05
5. Squaw Hollow Xtra Mart, Ashford | $15 million | 10/3/07
6. Sams Food Store, West Hartford | $25 million | 6/27/09
7. Micca Enterprises Inc., Stamford | $254.2 million | 11/2/11
8. John's Deli, Seymour | $60 million | 6/23/12
We don't have any historical data yet from the New Jersey lottery, but there were seven winners in Saturday's Powerball drawing who matched four white balls and the Powerball.
Here's where the tickets were purchased:
1. $100,000 - Lazzara's Liquors, 11 W. Rail Road Ave., Tenafly in Bergen County
2. $100.000 - Liberty Fuel Stop and Mart, 118 Route 202, Ringoes in Hunterdon County
3. $50,000 - Goodie's, 300 Market St., Gloucester City in Camden County
4. $50,000 - American Way Food Store, 2005 Route 35 N., Suite 11, Oakhurst in Monmouth County
5. $50,000 - Roxbury Spartan, 57 Route 10 E., Succasunna in Morris County
6. $50,000 - Bottle Liquor LLC, 550 Lexington Ave., Clifton in Passaic County
7. $50,000 - Morris Avenue Liquor, 512-514 Morris Ave., Summit in Union County
The Texas Lottery said that if there is no winner in Wednesday's drawing, the jackpot is expected to reach a record-breaking $675 million for Saturday.
You can watch the drawings on Eyewitness News just before the start of 11 p.m. news
What method do you use to buy your tickets or pick your numbers? We'd love to hear about it. Tell us in the comment section below.