CLAREMONT, Bronx (WABC) --Police released new pictures from another slashing earlier this month in the Bronx.
At 4 a.m. Feb. 7, the victim got into a dispute with the suspect in a bodega on East 170th Street in the Claremont Village section.
The argument escalated and the suspect slashed the victim on the face. The suspect then fled the location.
The 63-year-old victim, Nagi Essmail, says he was defending his 18-year-old nephew from another teen who was waving a knife.
He said he jumped on the suspect, but Essmail is the one who ended up getting a black eye and slashed on his forehead.
Essmail, who now has a faint scar on his head, believes the teen was trying to scam them, asking for change for a $20 bill, but claimed he had given him a $100 bill and was mad he had been shortchanged.
The victim was taken to Bronx Lebanon Hospital where he was treated and released.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
There has been a recent series of slashing incidents across the city. Here is information about the others:
* 2/22 | Harlem, Manhattan | Woman slashed in face during robbery
* 2/21 | Williamsbridge, Bronx | NYPD officer slahsed while responding to fight
* 2/21 | Morrisania, Bronx | Man slashed in face while walking on street
* 2/18 | SoHo, Manhattan | Man slashed in face during attempted robbery
* 2/17 | Greenwich Village, Manhattan | Server needs 120 stitches after slashing
* 2/16 | Washington Heights, Manhattan | Cab driver slashed in face during fare dispute
* 2/12 | Van Nest, Bronx | 20-year-old woman robbed, slashed while walking home
* 2/7 | East Tremont, Bronx | Man slashed in cheek after dispute at subway station
* 2/2 | Williamsburg, Brooklyn | 18-year-old slashed while walking home
* 2/2 | Parkchester, Bronx | 65-year-old businessman slashed during robbery
* 2/2 | Harlem, Manhattan | Man slashed in face during attempted robbery
* 1/31 | Harlem, Manhattan | Man slashed during attempted robbery on C train
* 1/25 | NoHo, Manhattan | 71-year-old woman slashed while riding D train
* 1/16 | East Village, Manhattan | 30-year-old man slashed while walking down the street
* 1/14 | East Tremont, Bronx | Man gets 100+ stitches after slashing attack
* 1/6 | Chelsea, Manhattan | 24-year-old woman slashed while walking to work
* 12/30 | East Side, Manhattan | Employee, customer slashed inside McDonald's
* 12/16 | Crown Heights, Brooklyn | Man slashed in the face coming out of subway station
* 12/16 | Whitestone, Queens | 16-year-old exchange student slashed in throat
* 11/5 | Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn | 2 slashed in head aboard C train