Smoke pours from roof of Grand Central Terminal after kitchen fire

(@NinjaV12 / Twitter)

A kitchen fire caused smoke to pour from the roof of Grand Central Terminal in Midtown Manhattan Tuesday afternoon, causing people in the area to be alarmed.

The FDNY said the fire occurred in the duct work of a restaurant at Grand Central Terminal.

Check out this video from an Eyewitness News viewer:


This video shows the smoke from a little farther away:


And this photo shows a little wider view:


The FNDY quickly found the fire, and isolated it to a duct at Juniors Restaurant on the lower-level dining area. They posted this photo on social media:


There were no injuries and the fire appears to be extinguished, the FDNY said.

No evacuations were ordered.

Stay with abc7NY for the latest on this developing story.
Related Topics:
newsbuilding firefirerestaurantMidtownNew York City
(Copyright ©2016 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments