WICHITA, Kan. --A Kansas toddler is recovering in the hospital after choking on a baby octopus.
Wichita police say the 2-year-old boy's mother came home from work Tuesday to find her boyfriend administering CPR on the child.
Emergency crews rushed the boy to the hospital where doctors removed a two inch octopus that was wedged in his throat.
They believed the octopus was to be used for sushi.
The boy also had injuries to his face.
Neighbors say they are stunned to hear of the allegations the boy was abused.
One neighbor, Mitchell Wagner, says, "I teach a lot of swim lessons with a lot of kids. Shocking how someone could do that to a kid. It's just a strange situation."
The mother's boyfriend, 36-year-old Matthew Gallagher, was arrested on suspicion of child abuse.