NEW YORK (WABC) --Did you catch the Supermoon? Scientists say Sunday night's Supermoon is the biggest and brightest in nearly 70 years. The closest approach will not be until about 6:21 Monday morning, but the moon will appear up to 14 percent bigger and 30 percent brighter than an average full moon...and this is the closest the moon will get to earth until November 25th, 2034.
Check out some photos of Sunday's Supermoon that you will not want to miss:
1) This amazing shot of the Supermoon rising next to One World Trade
2) This stunning shot over Lincoln Center
3) This perfectly aligned Supermoon over the Chrysler Building
4) Look how big that moon is as it rises over the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges
5) This stunning moonrise in Long Beach
6) In the words of Frank Sinatra, 'Fly me to the moon'!
7) Check out this shot of the moon rising over the Intrepid on Manhattan's West Side
8) This up-close and personal beauty shot of the moon in Monroe Township
9) This crisp shot of the Supermoon in Queens
10) And last but not least - this beauty shot with the Statue of Liberty