VIDEO: Carbon Monoxide safety tips

EMBED </>More Videos

Neal Zipser, Community Affairs Manager with Kidde Safety, shares the warning signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide. (WABC)

Carbon monoxide (CO) is known as the silent killer because you can't see, taste nor smell it.

Being that it is the time of the season when you warm up your home, you're more prone to Carbon monoxide leaks.

Neal Zipser, Community Affairs Manager with Kidde Safety, shares the warning signs and symptoms of the silent killer in the video above.

Don't let CO make itself present in your home. Here are a few facts from Kidde Fire Safety about Carbon monoxide:
  • Carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America. (Centers for Disease Control)

  • 65% of carbon monoxide poisoning deaths from consumer products are due to heating systems.

  • Only 50% of homes in America have CO alarms, according to industry surveys.

  • Portable generators were involved in the majority of CO deaths involving engine-driven tools from 1999 through 2012. (CPSC)
Related Topics:
healthoperation 7: save a lifefire safetycarbon monoxide
(Copyright ©2017 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments