Person of interest in custody in trio of Brooklyn sex assaults

EMBED </>More Videos

NJ Burkett has more on the suspect involved in the Brooklyn sex assaults.

A person of interest is in custody after police say three women were sexually assaulted in Brooklyn Tuesday morning, and they believe the same suspect is responsible for all the incidents.

Authorities say a 26-year-old bus matron on her way to work was attacked in a parking lot on Fountain Avenue in East New York around 6:45 a.m.

The suspect allegedly pulled out a gun, forced her behind a parked truck and sexually assaulted her before fleeing the scene.

She was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.

About a half hour later, police say a 15-year-old girl was walking on Lincoln Avenue, in the vicinity of Blake and Sutter avenues, when a man displayed a firearm and said "I'll shoot you."

She was able to break free and run away.

About 90 minutes after that, detectives learned of another attack on nearby Jerome Street.

They say the suspect jumped out of a car and approached a 26-year-old woman in front of her home. He reportedly asked for directions, and she ignored him. When she walked into the driveway, authorities say he forced her to the back of the house and made her perform a sex act before fleeing the scene.

The suspect was described as a black male, approximately 5-foot-4 and 160 pounds, wearing black jeans, black sneakers and a gray jacket.

He was said to be driving a black Dodge Caravan with Florida plates, and police say they found a vehicle matching the description. A person of interest in the case was located in Queens around 11:30 a.m. He will be questioned, but so far, no arrests have been made.

Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

Related Topics:
sex assaultsexual assaultrapeNew York CityEast New YorkBrooklyn
(Copyright ©2017 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments