Man battling wasps accidentally burns down garage in Michigan

EMBED </>More Videos

Firefighters warned homeowners to exercise caution when using bug bombs.

He was just trying to get rid of the wasps.

Authorities said a Michigan man had fireworks in his garage when it caught fire, but that wasn't what started the blaze.

The homeowner was using a bug bomb to try to get rid of some wasps when there was an electric spark, leading to a fire which engulfed the garage.

The fireworks ended up catching on fire, too. Popping sounds could be heard as firefighters worked to put out the blaze.

Officials said when you use bug bombs, always unplug all your electric appliances, or something like this could happen.

Fortunately, no injuries were reported.

RELATEED: Dementor wasps now exist thanks to German museum patrons

Ampulex dementor n. sp., female, holotype, in oblique lateral view. Pin digitally removed from image.


Related Topics:
u.s. & worldhouse firebugsfire safetybuzzworthyMichigan
(Copyright ©2017 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)