Residents back in homes after Washington Heights Carbon Monoxide scare

EMBED </>More Videos

Carolina Leid reports from Washington Heights. (WABC)

Dozens of people in Washington Heights were back in their homes Tuesday morning after a manhole fire sparked a Carbon Monoxide scare.

The incident happened Monday night at Audubon Avenue, forcing two buildings to evacuate.


Firefighters responded and found High readings of Carbon Monoxide as Con Edison crews fixed the problem.

Residents were allowed back in their homes overnight.

Related Topics:
manhole explosionfirecarbon monoxidebuilding vacatedevacuationWashington HeightsNew York City
(Copyright ©2017 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments