Townhome fire at St. Andrews Golf Club in Greenburgh

EMBED </>More Videos

Lisa Colagrossi reports from the scene in Greenburgh with the latest details. (WABC)

Billowing smoke poured from a townhouse fire at St. Andrews Golf club in Greenburgh.

Pictures from Newscopter 7 show how fire crews from 3 towns worked to contain the blaze. The initial call was of a fire with a woman trapped in an elevator.

Officials say they don't know what triggered the explosion. Con Edison crews arrived at the scene and quickly capped the gas line.

Fortunately there were no serious injuries. The attached townhomes are 4 unit buildings. Other people living in the adjoining units got out safely as well. A woman who lives on the next street describes what she saw.

The elderly woman was taken to Westchester Medical Center for smoke inhalation.
Related Topics:
(Copyright ©2018 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)