Charges include conspiracy to commit murder, murder, attempted murder, weapons possession and other offenses.
"We simply will not tolerate such lawlessness and bloodshed in our communities, which put hardworking residents at risk," Acting Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez said.
Some of the defendants were arraigned on Monday and held without bail. The rest are expected to be arraigned this week.
The alleged gang members range in age from 15 to 25, and were based out of the Brownsville section.
MUGSHOTS: 9 arrested in Brooklyn gang shootings
The crimes occurred between November 2015 and August 2016 leaving 14 people were shot, including one fatally. One person was beaten. The defendants mostly targeted rival gangs, but in one instance an innocent 22-year-old man who was a student at John Jay College was shot and killed.
Authorities also released surveillance videos from some of the incidents, including one in February 2016 in which a rival gang member grabbed a 33-year-old woman at a restaurant to shield himself from gunfire. The woman sustained three gunshot wounds to the left leg, while the alleged gang member suffered 5 gunshot wounds. Both survived.
Watch the surveillance video here:
The suspects have been identified as:
1. Dylan Cruz, a.k.a., Banga, 25, of Queens
2. Quincy Vital, a.k.a., SK, 19, of Queens
3. David Burston, a.k.a., Spazz, 21, of Brownsville, Brooklyn
4. Earl Gilbert, a.k.a., Bloccz, 22, of Queens
5. Legrant Foster, a.k.a., Brisko, 22, of East New York, Brooklyn
6. Maurice Ellis, a.k.a., Maur, 20, of Brownsville, Brooklyn
7. Josiah Morris, a.k.a., Siah, 19, of Brownsville, Brooklyn
8. Terrard Wimms, a.k.a., Ty, 19, of East New York, Brooklyn
The name of one 15-year-old defendant from East New York was not released because he is a juvenile.