Bedford-Stuyvesant church fire ruled accidental

WABC logo
Thursday, June 16, 2016
EMBED <>More Videos

Dray Clark reporting live

BEDFORD-STUYVESANT, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A fire that damaged a church in Bedford-Stuyvesant early Wednesday morning was accidental.

Fire broke out in the rear of the Mount Sinai Baptist Church on Quincy Street at around 2 a.m.

The church pastor said the fire damaged the church's fellowship hall, but the church sanctuary is intact.

The fire has been determined be accidental. Fire marshals say faulty electrical wiring appears to be the cause.

It quickly put under control. No injuries were reported.