Deadly Brooklyn fire caused by space heater plugged into power strip

FLATBUSH, Brooklyn (WABC) -- The FDNY has determined the cause of a fire that killed one person and injured seven others in Brooklyn.

Fire marshals said the fire was accidental, and caused by an electrical space heater plugged into a power strip.

The flames broke out on the first floor of a building on Nostrand Avenue in Flatbush early Monday morning.

One man was rushed to King County Hospital, where he later died. The victim may have jumped out of a window in an effort to escape the flames.

Three people suffered serious injuries.

* More Brooklyn news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Copyright © 2022 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.