Bug bomb mishap hurts 4, blows out windows in Brooklyn

BROWNSVILLE, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Four people, including two children, went to the hospital after a mishap involving some type of bug bomb in Brooklyn Thursday afternoon.

The incident happened on Hegeman Street in the Brownsville section.

Windows and window frames were blown out of the second-floor apartment after authorities say the father activated eight containers of roach fogger and failed to shut off the pilot light on the stove.

No serious injuries were reported, but the two children went to Brookdale Hospital for observation.

The Department of Buildings, Office of Emergency Management and fire marshals were on scene.

Officials say the incident appears to be accidental in nature

* More Brooklyn news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
Copyright © 2021 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.