23 people evaluated after high carbon monoxide at diner in Midtown

MIDTOWN, Manhattan (WABC) -- Authorities responded to a Midtown Manhattan diner Thursday night due to a high level of carbon monoxide.

The FDNY was called to the Stardust Diner at 51st Street and Broadway just before 10:30 p.m.

23 people that were inside the diner were being evaluated by EMS. One person was hospitalized.

The FDNY discovered a carbon monoxide leak in the beverage system in the basement, isolated the leak and shut it down.

The diner was evacuated.

* More Manhattan news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Copyright © 2022 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.