EDGEWATER (WABC) -- People who live in the section of a New Jersey apartment complex that survived a massive fire are back in their homes.
Residents of the four-story building in Edgewater were allowed to return on Saturday morning.
The rest of the complex was destroyed in a fire on Wednesday. Inspectors are checking the remaining units for smoke and water damage, but those back home say they are grateful to have a place to go when so many of their neighbors have been displaced.
A maintenance worker accidentally sparked the fire with a blow torch. Fire officials say the building's lightweight wooden structure fueled the flames, and made the fire more difficult to fight.