Girl bites into pin in Halloween candy in New Mexico

EMBED </>More Videos

Girl bites into candy with pin after trick-or-treating

Police in Arizona are encouraging parents to check their children's Halloween candy after a girl says she bit into a chocolate bar with a sewing pin in it.

Authorities say the 12-year-old was trick-or-treating at a park Wednesday in northeast Albuquerque.

They noted that the girl's mother said a person in a vehicle was handing out candy there, though it wasn't known if the candy bar with the straight pin came from that person.

The girl's mother told officers other motorists were giving candy to children at the park too.

The girl felt a prick from the pin in her mouth after taking a bite at home.

She was taken to a hospital, where she had lab work done.

Police say the candy bar's wrapper is being tested for DNA evidence.

----------
* Follow us on YouTube
* More local news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
Related Topics:
halloweencandytrick or treatu.s. & worldchild injuredNew Mexico
(Copyright ©2018 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)