Firefighters rescue dog from burning building in Totowa

TOTOWA (WABC) -- Firefighters rescued a dog from a burning building in New Jersey.

Flames had reportedly spread throughout the house in Totowa when crews arrived on Sunday afternoon.

Firefighters managed to reach a Labrador Retriever through a second floor window and carry him down a ladder.

The dog was given oxygen, and was rushed to an animal hospital. He is expected to survive. Unfortunately, a dog on the first floor died of smoke inhalation.

The people who lived at the house were not home at the time.
Related topics:
firedogfire rescue
Copyright © 2019 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.