NEW YORK -- Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. says in a television interview that he intends to ask for a retrial in the case of Pedro Hernandez, who confessed to choking 6-year-old Etan Patz in 1979.
The 54-year-old Hernandez admitted killing Patz in 2012. His murder trial ended in a mistrial earlier this month after jurors said they were deadlocked on the 18th day of deliberations.
The defense had argued the confession was false.
Vance was speaking Monday on MSNBC's "The Cycle" about a June 10 court date in the case.
Etan vanished walking to school on May 25, 1979. His body was never found. His photo was one of the first missing children's images on a milk carton.
Etan's father says he's convinced Hernandez is the killer.
DA says he intends to retry Etan Patz case
More TOP STORIES News