TV food star Sandra Lee released from hospital after breast cancer surgery

Food Network television star Sandra Lee was released from the hospital Monday following breast cancer surgery.

She returned to the Mount Kisco home she shares with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

On Sunday, she had discussed her recovery from a double mastectomy in a video message on Facebook.

"I didn't expect to be here still on Saturday, but I am glad I am here because the medication is just throwing me for a loop," Lee said.

Lee says she's lost about 15 pounds in just the last five days.

She says she's determined to get better and is encouraging all women to get checked.

She posted an update on her Twitter account Wednesday evening.

She also posted a video update on Facebook to her fans.

Cuomo, her boyfriend, said that Lee's double mastectomy concluded early Tuesday afternoon and that she is doing "as well as can be expected."

The 48-year-old lifestyle personality revealed her diagnosis on ABC's "Good Morning America" last week. Her surgery was initially scheduled for late last week but was delayed after Lee came down with an upper respiratory infection.

In her message posted to Facebook before the operation, Lee thanked those who offered prayers and messages of support.

Cuomo accompanied Lee to the hospital and plans to take some personal time to be with her following the procedure.

(Some information from the Associated Press.)
Related Topics:
healthbreast cancercancersurgery
(Copyright ©2019 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)