EDGEWATER, N.J. (WABC) -- There was a special honor in New Jersey Friday night for volunteers who helped displaced residents after a massive apartment building fire in Edgewater.
Donors and volunteers were invited to a "Hometown Heroes Concert and Dinner".
They helped residents who were displaced after fire destroyed the Avalon at Edgewater apartment complex in January.
About 1,000 residents were left either homeless or temporarily displaced.
240 apartments were gutted.
Investigators say a blowtorch being used for plumbing repairs sparked the fire.
Volunteers and donors honored for help after Edgewater complex fire
More TOP STORIES News