Fire that fully engulfed home in Hillcrest reportedly caused by BBQ

(WhatsApp/First Responders)

The Ramapo Fire Department says a fire that fully engulfed a house Monday in Rockland County was caused by a BBQ in the backyard.

Multiple fire crews responded to the home on Union Road in Hillcrest. Residents of the home were able to safely leave without any injuries.


The fire was placed under control shortly before 3 p.m. Monday. The house is considered a total loss.
Related Topics:
firehouse fire
(Copyright ©2018 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)