PEQUANNOCK TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (WABC) -- Dozens of people, mostly children, have been taken to the hospital after being overcome by fumes at a daycare in Pequannock Township, Morris County.
Officials say the fumes were coming from gas equipment being used by workers in the building on Route 23.
There were a total of 36 patients transported to local hospitals complaining of feeling nauseous. Two were adults that work at the day care and 34 were children.
Conditions weren't serious or life threatening, they just complained they were nauseous or not feeling well. Parents had the option of having children transported, taking them to get medical attention on their own, or refusing medical attention.
In all, 89 people were evacuated from the building.
OSHA is on the scene to investigate the work being done there. Pequannock buildings dept is there as well.
More TOP STORIES News