LACEY TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (WABC) -- Another reported hoverboard fire is under investigation, this one in southern New Jersey.
A board burst into flames Sunday at a home in Lacey Township in Ocean County.
No one was injured.
The local fire company is cautioning hoverboard owners to check warranties and recall notices.
There is no word on why it caught fire, but many of the reported cases nationwide have happened while the boards are recharging.
The Ocean County Fire Marshal's office is investigating.
Hoverboards are motorized, two-wheel, skateboard-sized scooters that users stand on. They have been a hot gift item at some retailers.
The three largest U.S. airlines banned them because of the potential fire danger from the lithium-ion batteries that power the devices.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Hoverboard fire in New Jersey under investigation