QUEENS VILLAGE (WABC) -- A school in Queens was evacuated Tuesday morning due to high carbon monoxide levels.
Con Ed says 550 students and 100 faculty members were evacuated PS/IS 295 in Queens Village around 9 a.m. after crews found high CO levels in the basement and in an electrical room.
According to Office of Emergency Management, a Con Ed feeder cable caught fire beneath the street outside, sending fumes into the school's basement. There are no fumes believed to have migrated to the school's common areas and classrooms above.
All of the students and staff were evacuated to nearby PS 33.
No injuries or illnesses have been reported.
Con Edison has crews on the scene.
PS/IS 295 serves kids in grades pre-K through 8th and special education.
Queens school evacuated over high carbon monoxide levels; No injuries reported
More TOP STORIES News