Puppy playing with lighter sets fire to apartment in Australia

MELBOURNE, Australia -- A 10-month-old puppy named Archie accidentally sent his owner's apartment up in flames after getting his paws on a lighter, according to Storyful.

It happened on October 16 at an apartment in Melbourne, Australia.

Video captures the dog--a Boston terrier and French bulldog mix--jump up onto the couch and begins playing with a lighter. Within minutes, the fire ignites part of the couch.

The owner says the fire caused roughly $40,000 in damages.

Luckily no injuries were reported.

*Follow us on YouTube
* More local news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.