The Phoenix Suns ran away with the league's best regular-season record -- eight games clear of the second-best Memphis Grizzlies. Devin Booker, Chris Paul and the reigning Western Conference champs are on a mission to redeem themselves after last season's six-game Finals defeat to the Milwaukee Bucks.
Plenty of West contenders stand in the Suns' way, including Ja Morant and the Grizzlies,Luka Doncic and the Dallas Mavericksand the Golden State Warriors, who are back in the playoffs for the first time since reaching the Finals in 2019.
In the East, the defending champion Bucks are the 3-seed in a log-jammed conference -- the top-seeded Miami Heat, Boston Celtics, Bucks andPhiladelphia 76ers were separated by just two games in the final regular season standings.
Here's all the info you need for each first-round matchup, including game recaps, news and series-by-series analysis.
Miami Heat (1) defeatAtlanta Hawks (8), 4-1
Game 1: Heat 115, Hawks 91
Game 2: Heat 115, Hawks 105
Game 3: Hawks 111, Heat 110
Game 4:Heat 110, Hawks 86
Game 5: Heat 97, Hawks 94
- Injury-depleted Heat finish off Hawks to advance
- Heat's Adebayo calls DPOY snub 'disrespectful'
- The Heat have mastered winning with undrafted talent: 'It's an organizational philosophy'
Boston Celtics (2) defeatBrooklyn Nets (7), 4-0
Game 1: Celtics 115, Nets 114
Game 2:Celtics 114, Nets 107
Game 3: Celtics 109, Nets 103
Game 4: Celtics 116, Nets 112
- Why these Brooklyn Nets were the greatest team that never was
- After meeting with Nets, mental health remains focus of Simmons' return, sources say
- Tatum scores 29 as Boston Celtics complete sweep of Brooklyn Nets
Milwaukee Bucks (3) defeatChicago Bulls (6), 4-1
Game 1: Bucks 93, Bulls 86
Game 2:Bulls 114, Bucks 110
Game 3: Bucks 111, Bulls 81
Game 4: Bucks 119, Bulls 95
Game 5:Bucks 116, Bulls 100
- Bucks close out Bulls, turn attention to Celtics
- LaVine enters health and safety protocols ahead of Game 5
- Bucks' Holiday named NBA Teammate of the Year
Philadelphia 76ers (4) defeatToronto Raptors (5), 4-2
Game 1:76ers 131, Raptors 111
Game 2: 76ers 112, Raptors 97
Game 3:76ers 104, Raptors 101
Game 4: Raptors 110, 76ers 102
Game 5: Raptors 103, 76ers 88
Game 6: 76ers 132, Raptors 97
- 'We weren't going back to Philly': Defiant 76ers blow out Raptors in Game 6 to clinch series
- MRI confirms thumb ligament tear for Embiid
- Embiid: Told Nurse to stop complaining about refs
- Thybulle, not fully vaccinated, ineligible to play in Toronto
Phoenix Suns (1) defeatNew Orleans Pelicans(8), 4-2
Game 1: Suns 110, Pelicans 99
Game 2: Pelicans 125, Suns 114
Game 3:Suns 114, Pelicans 111
Game 4: Pelicans 118, Suns 103
Game 5:Suns 112, Pelicans 97
Game 6: Suns 115, Pelicans 109
- Paul'sperfect night from field helps Suns close out Pelicans
- Bridges joins list of greats in powering Suns to Game 5 win
- Why no NBA playoff team comes close to these Suns
Memphis Grizzlies (2) defeatMinnesota Timberwolves (7), 4-2
Game 1: Timberwolves 130, Grizzlies 117
Game 2: Grizzlies 124, Timberwolves 96
Game 3:Grizzlies 104, Timberwolves 95
Game 4:Timberwolves 119, Grizzlies 118
Game 5:Grizzlies 111, Timberwolves 109
Game 6: Grizzlies 114, Timberwolves 106
- Morant honored as NBA's Most Improved Player
- Usher spotted next to Tee Morant at Game 5
- Should the Grizzlies be worried when playoff games slow down?
- NBA 25 under 25: Where Morant checks in
Golden State Warriors (3) defeatDenver Nuggets (6), 4-1
Game 1: Warriors 123, Nuggets 107
Game 2: Warriors 126, Nuggets 106
Game 3:Warriors 118, Nuggets 113
Game 4: Nuggets 126, Warriors 121
Game 5:Warriors 102, Nuggets 98
- Curry has 30 as Warriors oust Nuggets in Game 5
- Can the Warriors' new small-ball lineup carry them back to the Finals?
- Warriors lose Iguodala (neck) for at least a week
Dallas Mavericks (4) defeatUtah Jazz (5), 4-2
Game 1: Jazz 99, Mavericks 93
Game 2: Mavericks 110, Jazz 104
Game 3:Mavericks 126, Jazz 118
Game 4:Jazz 100, Mavericks 99
Game 5:Mavericks 102, Jazz 77
Game 6:Mavericks 98, Jazz 96
- Luka Doncic advances for first time as Mavericks storm back to close out Jazz
- Brunson's star turn has major free agency implications
- Gobert fined $25K for profane language
Tee Morant makes KAT Sr. take Ja's jersey
Tee Morant makes Karl-Anthony Towns Sr. take Ja Morant's jersey after the Grizzlies eliminate the Timberwolves.
Bam's steal seals the series for the Heat
Danilo Gallinari is forced to throw a bad pass and Bam Adebayo comes up with the steal to seal the Heat's win vs. the Hawks in Game 5.
The Celtics sweep the Nets on the road to advance
Jayson Tatum and the Boston Celtics dominate the Brooklyn Nets and sweep them on the road to advance to the second round of the playoffs.
Giannis drops 33 points as Bucks bounce Bulls
Giannis Antetokounmpo tallies 33 points and nine rebounds as the Bucks move on to the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Embiid, Harden combine for 55 as Sixers close out Raptors
Joel Embiid records 33 points and 10 rebounds while James Harden adds 22 points and 15 assists as the 76ers move on to the Eastern Conference semis.
CP3's perfect 14-for-14 night helps Suns eliminate Pelicans
Chris Paul goes a perfect 14-for-14 from the field as the Suns defeat the Pelicans 115-109 to advance to the Western Conference semifinals.
Ja Morant feeds Tyus Jones for dagger 3 in Game 6
Tyus Jones gets the pass from Ja Morant and laces a huge 3-pointer to give the Grizzlies a 106-102 lead.
Curry outduels Jokic in final minutes as Warriors eliminate Nuggets
Steph Curry comes up clutch down the stretch as the Warriors hold off Nikola Jokic and the Nuggets to win the game and the series 4-1.
Mavs advance after Bogdanovic's 3-pointer comes up short at the buzzer
Bojan Bogdanovic comes up short on a game-winning 3-pointer as the Mavericks hold on to advance to the second round of the NBA playoffs.