RECIPES AND RESOURCES SEEN ON OUR SHOW
Spinach Apple Salad
- 4 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 small head Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 2 medium apples (Honeycrisp)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground tumerie
Place the spinach and lettuce in a salad bowl. Core and slice the apples. Add to the lettuce; toss in the walnuts. In a small bowl, blend the yogurt, honey, coriander, ginger and tumeric. Toss with the salad. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Keeping the Crunch
Apple handling and home storage tips
- Handle apples gently to prevent bruising
- Refrigerate in the crisper section; cool air maintains quality, juiciness and crispness
- Store apples in a ventilated plastic bag away from foods with strong odors
"Apple Easy" Snack
- If you are looking for a delicious sandwich idea, take two slices of whole-wheat bread and spread with peanut butter; top with thin slices of apple and slices of cheese; toast in a toaster oven until the cheese melts.
For more apple recipes, visit www.nyapplecountry.com.
New York Road Runners
Tavern on the Green
67 Central Park West, New York 110023
New York Apple Association
NYRR Marathon Journey
New York Presbyterian /Columbia