Firefighters douse utility pole fire as smoke pours from Queens manhole

EMBED </>More Videos

Michelle Charlesworth has the details on Wednesday morning's smoky fire.

Firefighters battled a smoky fire in Queens Wednesday morning.

The fire was reported before 7 a.m. on 102nd Road in Woodhaven.

Video from NewsCopter7 showed a utility pole on fire as smoke poured from a manhole nearby.

Firefighters were on the scene working to put the fire out.

There were no reports of injuries.

It was not immediately clear what sparked the fire.

----------
* More Queens news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Related Topics:
firetransformer explosionmanhole explosionNew YorkWoodhavenQueens
(Copyright ©2018 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)