NEW YORK (WABC) -- With a massive winter storm battering the New York area, many municipalities and organizations are canceling events and functions in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Below is a list of what we know so far. This information will be updated as we get new details into our newsroom.
* A significant number of schools are closed, including New York City public schools. Check the updated list. CUNY classes are also canceled, as are those at many area colleges and universities throughout the area. Check with your individual school for further information.
* The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) is advising motorists that the High Occupancy Vehicle lane on the Gowanus Expressway will be closed for the morning rush hour (6 a.m. to 10 a.m.) on Thursday, January 4
* In New York City: Alternate Side Parking regulations are suspended Thursday and Friday to facilitate snow removal. Payment at parking meters will remain in effect throughout the city
* New York Public Library branches are closed for Thursday, January 4
* In East Harlem: The Three Kings Day Parade scheduled for Friday, January 5, has been canceled
* More local news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
Winter storm 2018: What's closed, canceled in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut
More TOP STORIES News