Charging hoverboard blamed for fire that badly damaged home in New Jersey

EMBED </>More Videos

A charging hoverboard sparked a fire in Dumont.

A charging hoverboard is being blamed for a fire that badly damaged a home in New Jersey.

The hoverboard apparently caught fire just after 7 Friday night and flames broke out in the basement of the 3-story house on Hazel Street in Dumont.

The fire then spread up to the second floor.

Firefighters say the inside of the home is a total loss.

A woman and her son who were home at the time were able to get out safely.

No injuries were reported.

----------
* More New Jersey news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts

Related Topics:
house firehoverboardDumontBergen CountyNew Jersey
(Copyright ©2018 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)