Video shows iPhone exploding, catching fire in Las Vegas repair shop

EMBED </>More Videos

An iPhone exploded and caught fire at a store in Las Vegas.

Some scary moments were caught on camera inside a Las Vegas repair shop.

Surveillance video showed an iPhone exploding just feet away from a worker, who scrambled away.

The explosion happened Friday as the employee was working to fix the phone's broken screen. No one was injured.

Experts say iPhone batteries can explode when the phone overheats. They suggest keeping your phone out of direct sunlight or heat, especially in the summer.

Wireless chargers used overnight can also heat up the device and battery, experts say.

Keeping the phone from getting too hot can extend the battery life.

----------
* More local news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
Related Topics:
iphoneexplosioncellphone
(Copyright ©2018 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)