WILLIAMSBRIDGE, Bronx (WABC) --Police are searching for two suspects in in attack on a 26-year-old woman in the Bronx, the latest in a series of stabbing and slashing attacks in New York City.
At 5:20 p.m., Saturday, the woman was stabbed by two men who jumped out of a vehicle in front of 3046 Holland Avenue in the Williamsbridge section of Bronx.
One of the suspects stabbed the victim once in the right side of her stomach and the other suspect cut her in her right ear.
The suspects fled the scene in the car eastbound on Burke Avenue. The victim said she didn't know her attackers.
Kendra Prince said she is one of the women seen in the surveillance video trying to avoid the attack. She says friends were out enjoying the warmth on Holland Avenue when a black car pulled up, two men jumped out and headed towards them.
"They were like, what's up? We did not know who they were or what they wanted. We see a guy with his hands in his pocket, we started backing up," she said.
The video shows the two attacking her 26-year-old friend, a mother of two. She was taken to Jacobi Hospital, and has since been released.
"She said she's fine, traumatized, she broke her foot trying to get away," said Bronx resident Stephen Cusscut.
Police are also looking for the suspect who slashed a man in the face in the Bronx early Sunday morning.
At about 3:40 a.m., a 32-year-old man was walking on the street in the Morrisania section when he was approached from behind by someone he said he doesn't know, and was slashed in the face.
It happened in front of 920 East 173rd Street. The victim was taken to St Barnabas with non-life threatening injuries, bleeding from the face.
The suspect fled the scene in an unknown direction.
The victim's identity has not been released.
Also Sunday morning, two men in their 20's were stabbed after leaving a party in the same neighborhood, on East 173rd Street.
One was stabbed in the left torso and the other in the stomach. Both are at North Central Bronx Hospital with non-life threating injuries.
Police say three men fled the scene. All five were at the party together.
It is not clear whether the two incidents are connected.
There has been a recent series of slashing incidents across the city. Here is information about the others:
* 2/18 | SoHo, Manhattan | Suspect's picture released after SoHo slashing
* 2/17 | Greenwich Village, Manhattan | Server needs 120 stitches after slashing
* 2/16 | Washington Heights, Manhattan | Cab driver slashed in face during fare dispute
* 2/12 | Van Nest, Bronx | 20-year-old woman robbed, slashed while walking home
* 2/7 | East Tremont, Bronx | Man slashed in cheek after dispute at subway station
* 2/2 | Williamsburg, Brooklyn | 18-year-old slashed while walking home
* 2/2 | Parkchester, Bronx | 65-year-old businessman slashed during robbery
* 2/2 | Harlem, Manhattan | Man slashed in face during attempted robbery
* 1/31 | Harlem, Manhattan | Man slashed during attempted robbery on C train
* 1/25 | NoHo, Manhattan | 71-year-old woman slashed while riding D train
* 1/16 | East Village, Manhattan | 30-year-old man slashed while walking down the street
* 1/14 | East Tremont, Bronx | Man gets 100+ stitches after slashing attack
* 1/6 | Chelsea, Manhattan | 24-year-old woman slashed while walking to work
* 12/30 | East Side, Manhattan | Employee, customer slashed inside McDonald's
* 12/16 | Crown Heights, Brooklyn | Man slashed in the face coming out of subway station
* 12/16 | Whitestone, Queens | 16-year-old exchange student slashed in throat
* 11/5 | Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn | 2 slashed in head aboard C train
NYPD statistics show a nearly 20% spike in stabbings and slashings citywide in 2016 compared with the same period last year.