1 dead, 3 hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning in Bernardsville, NJ

BERNARDSVILLE, New Jersey (WABC) -- One man has died after a carbon monoxide incident at a home in Bernardsville.

Authorities responded to the home on Chestnut Avenue around 5:40 a.m. Thursday.

A 59-year-old man was found dead inside of the garage, inside of a car.

Someone called 911 from inside the home.

"Bernardsville, for an update, they're now saying they can't get him out of the car, unable to do CPR," said Somerset County EMS and Fire in the 911 call. "Starting CPR now..."

A 51-year-old woman, a 17-year-old boy, and a 9-year-old girl were all taken to Morristown Memorial Hospital for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Their conditions are not yet known.

The incident is under investigation.

----------
* More New Jersey news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Copyright © 2019 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.