MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (WABC) -- A man in New Jersey is recovering after a vape cigarette exploded in his face.
On Tuesday night, police responded to a home on New Brunswick Avenue in Manchester Township on a report of a small explosion and structure fire.
Police say that a 21-year-old man had suffered burns to his eyes and face and a laceration to his nose.
After the explosion, authorities say the liquid product of the vape fell to the floor and ignited a fire.
The bedroom and hallway sustained heat and smoke damage.
Firefighters extinguished the fire before it spread any further.
The victim was transported to Community Medical Center for further treatment.