The rankings were released Wednesday by TripAdvisor, which used reviews and opinions from online users to determine the most favored restaurants.
Topping the list was Juliana's Pizza, located on Old Fulton Street in Brooklyn. Many of the reviews on TripAdvisor are titled "wow" for this parlor.
"Just wow. This pizza is incredible. Some of the best I have ever had (and I've eaten a lot of pizza). Very authentic Italian as well as a very friendly staff. Can't WAIT to visit Brooklyn again and run as fast as I can over to Juliana's," one reviewer wrote.
Coming in at No. 4, Keste on Bleecker Street in the West Village of Manhattan. An out-of-town visitor said it was the best pizza she had on her trip to the city.
"Best pizza I've had outside of Italy! The atmosphere was great, service was very quick,friendly and attentive,and the price was pretty good for the quality of the food.A very pleasant experience and we definitely will be back in next trip to NYC.I highly recommend," the reviewer wrote.
Taking the No. 10 slot is John's Pizzeria, also on Bleecker Street in the West Village. A TripAdvisor reviewer from Florida said it sets the standard for New York-style pizza.
"NYC is synonymous with a specific style and type of pizza. This place can easily be a standard barrier. They do not sell by the slice, but two people can split a medium. Great atmosphere and delicious," the reviewer wrote.
Here's a complete list of the top 10 pizza restaurants:
- Juliana's Pizza, New York City, New York
- Pizza Time of St. Augustine, Saint Augustine, Florida
- Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria, Anchorage, Alaska
- Keste, New York City, New York
- Tony's Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco, California
- Pizzeria Regina, Boston, Massachusetts
- Antico Pizza Napoletana, Atlanta, Georgia
- Bill's Pizza, Palm Springs, California
- Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, New Haven, Connecticut
- John's Pizzeria - Bleeker St., New York City, New York
Shockingly, though, New York wasn't the top city for pizza in the U.S. -- Chicago topped that list.
- Chicago, Illinois
- New York City, New York
- New Haven, Connecticut
- Orlando, Florida
- San Francisco, California
- Washington, D.C.
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- San Diego, California
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Miami Beach, Florida
Do you agree with the list? Tell us about your favorite pizza joint in the comments below.