6 Long Island high school students hospitalized after eating marijuana-laced candy

EMBED </>More Videos

N.J. Burkett has the latest on the hospitalized students

Six Long Island high school students were transported to the hospital after ingesting candy that contained marijuana.

The students from Sachem High School North were transported to Stony Brook on Friday morning after the candy reportedly made them 'uncomfortable.' The students were treated and released.

A spokesperson for the Sachem School District claims the candy bar was brought into the school by another student, and it was prepackaged and labeled indicating that it had marijuana in it.

"We encourage all parents to have conversations with their children about making healthy choices," said school Superintendent Dr. Ken Graham, "our schools are fortunate to have a number of resources available to support the well-being of students."

Superintendent Graham adds that the school will continue to review the specifics of the investigation and 'address it appropriately'.

Related Topics:
candyhigh schoolRonkonkoma
(Copyright ©2017 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)