MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (WABC) -- A man in New Jersey is recovering after a vape cigarette exploded in his face.
On Tuesday night, police responded to a home on New Brunswick Avenue in Manchester Township on a report of a small explosion and structure fire.
Police say that a 21-year-old man had suffered burns to his eyes and face and a laceration to his nose.
After the explosion, authorities say the liquid product of the vape fell to the floor and ignited a fire.
The bedroom and hallway sustained heat and smoke damage.
Firefighters extinguished the fire before it spread any further.
The victim was transported to Community Medical Center for further treatment.
Man burned, house catches fire after vape cigarette explodes in New Jersey