Man injured during explosion in New Jersey home

PERTH AMBOY, New Jersey (WABC) -- A man is recovering after being severely burned when a gas explosion blew out his garage.

The incident was reported around 7 a.m. Tuesday morning on Barry Avenue.

The victim was airlifted to the hospital and two dogs also suffered injuries.

One dog was treated by a vet for burns suffered in the explosion.



NewsCopter 7 was over the scene where the house was boarded up after the blast.

Officials believe the explosion started from an issue with an appliance inside the home.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing.

ALSO READ | Man survives transformer explosion on Queens sidewalk
EMBED More News Videos

Shocking video captured the moment that a transformer exploded underneath a man as he was walking in Queens.



----------
* Get Eyewitness News Delivered
* More New Jersey news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Submit a News Tip
Copyright © 2021 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.