E-bike may have sparked fire that critically injured 2 in Brooklyn

ByEyewitness News via WABC logo
Sunday, September 4, 2022
EMBED <>More Videos

An e-bike may have sparked a fire in Brooklyn that critically injured two young adults.

BED-STUY, Brooklyn (WABC) -- An e-bike may have sparked a fire in Brooklyn that critically injured two young adults.

The fire erupted around noon on Saturday inside a 12th-floor apartment at NYCHA's Albany Houses in Bed-Stuy.

Firefighters pulled two people out of the unit unconscious - an 18-year-old woman and a 25-year-old man.

The fire did not spread to any other apartments.

ALSO READ | NYPD releases bodycam of officer hitting woman, mayor defends police

----------

* More Brooklyn news

* Send us a news tip

* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts

* Follow us on YouTube

Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News

Have a breaking news tip or an idea for a story we should cover? Send it to Eyewitness News using the form below. If attaching a video or photo, terms of use apply.