Students are being challenged to swallow cinnamon.
Principals across New Haven are being warned about the "Cinnamon Swallowing Challenge" made popular by clips posted on YouTube.
The unsavory stunt has some dangerous side effects including choking and breathing difficulties, especially among asthma sufferers.
The principal of Clinton Avenue School is on paid administrative leave.
She allegedly witnessed students daring each other to swallow spoonfuls of cinnamon and did not stop it.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered