NEW YORK --Here are 7 tips that will help you give authorities descriptions of suspects in reported crimes.1) Be specific about everything. Not just "tall" or "stocky" but Height and weight.
2) Facial/hair, scars, tattoos, anything memorable.
3) When describing clothes, not just "black jacket" but leather/puffy with yellow trim around collar. Every detail counts.
4) Where does he/she hang out ?habits/behavior.
5) Girlfriends/boyfriends?names, locations.
6) Vehicle description/license plate
7) Leave contact number or email. You can still remain anonymous but cops/agents may need more information.