1) Post position 1 has produced the most winners in Belmont Stakes history (23)
2) The winner gets The Belmont Stakes Trophy, which is a Tiffany-made silver bowl, 18 inches high, 15 inches across and 14 inches at the base. Atop the cover is a silver figure of Fenian, winner of the third running of the Belmont Stakes in 1869.
3) James McLaughlin and Eddie Arcaro are the most winning jockey's in Belmont Stakes history (6) Gary Stevens, who is riding Oxbow in this year's race has won the event 3 times.
4) Julie Krone, thoroughbred racing's all-time leading female jockey, became the first woman to win a Triple Crown race in 1993's Belmont Stakes. (Rosie Napravnik will ride Unlimited Budget in Saturday's race)
5) The 1992 edition of the Belmont was the richest running with a total purse of $1,764,800.
6) Secretariat's 1973 Belmont Stakes victory still stands as the track and world record for the mile and one-half distance at 2:24. (He had finished a mile and a quarter at 1:59, faster than his own Derby record of 1:59 2/5.)
7) The white carnation is the traditional flower of the Belmont Stakes. The blanket of carnations worn by the Belmont Stakes winner takes 10 man hours to put together, as between 300-400 carnations are glued onto a green velveteen spread.