Carmine's in Times Square reopens on Christmas Eve after manhole fire

TIMES SQUARE, Manhattan (WABC) -- Carmine's Restaurant in Times Square is back open Christmas Eve after a manhole fire forced it to evacuate and close last Friday.

The restaurant posted the good news on their Facebook page.

The FDNY got a call about the fire at 7:26 a.m. last Friday at 200 West 44th Street.

The fire broke out in an underground transformer, and as a result, firefighters had to monitor the carbon monoxide levels in the area.

Firefighters did evacuate one other building, 215 West 44th Street.

No injuries were reported.

* More Manhattan news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Copyright © 2021 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.