SUNSET PARK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Two firefighters were injured while battling a two-alarm fire in Brooklyn early Thursday morning.
Citizen App video showed the smoky scene as crews put out flames in the building on 48th Street.
Officials say the fire started in the basement and then spread to the first floor at around 3:30 a.m.
Authorities say the blaze was sparked by a replacement lithium-ion battery.
"It was not the original battery that came with the product" and the owner "did not know if that battery was certified or where it was manufactured," said Chief Fire Marshal Daniel Flynn.
Fire officials said the fire was just another reminder to only buy batteries that are UL certified.
Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh said while FDNY's efforts have decreased e-battery dangers in businesses, it is homeowners' responsibilities to keep their residences safe.
"We cant enforce in residences, the hardest place that we are still pushing to get to educate residents who have these in their homes," Kavanagh said.
Authorities say the two firefighters suffered minor injuries and that one of them was burned.
The blaze was under control after 90 minutes.
The fire happened the same day that the FDNY announced it discovered and seized dangerous "Frankenstein Batteries" from an e-scooter shop in Queens.