NEW YORK (WABC) -- Trump Hotels is warning customers about a data breach at locations in Chicago, New York, Miami, Las Vegas, Toronto and Hawaii.
Hackers may have gotten access to customer credit card information between May of 2014 and June of this year.
Here's a statement that Trump Hotels posted on its website:
"While the independent forensic investigator did not find evidence that information was taken from the Hotel's systems, it appears that there may have been unauthorized malware access to payment card information as it was inputted into the payment card systems. Payment card data (including payment card account number, card expiration date, and security code) of individuals who used a payment card at the Hotel between May 19, 2014, and June 2, 2015, may have been affected. For transactions on the point-of-sale terminals at the Las Vegas and Waikiki properties, cardholder name may also have been affected."
The hotel chain said that it has since removed the malware and is in the process of "reconfiguring various components of our network and payment systems to further secure our payment card processing systems."
Trump Hotels also recommends that customers review their credit and debit card account statements as soon as possible to see if there's any unusual account activity.
Here is a list of affected hotels:
- Trump SoHo New York - 246 Spring Street, New York, NY 10013
- Trump National Doral - 4400 N.W. 87th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178
- Trump International New York - One Central Park West, New York, NY 10023
- Trump International Chicago - 401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
- Trump International Waikiki - 223 Saratoga Road, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Las Vegas - 2000 Fashion Show Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Trump International Toronto - 325 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 4G3
Click here to view the full security notice on the Trump Hotels' website.
Trump Hotels warn customers of data breach in New York, 6 other cities