BROOKLYN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man was burned over half of his body after catching fire in a Brooklyn park.
The 36-year-old Queens man caught fire in Fort Greene Park just before 1 a.m. Friday. Good Samaritans rushed to his aid and put out the flames.
Detectives recovered cups at the scene that smelled like gasoline. He might have been burning something, possibly incense, and somehow he ignited himself.
It seems to have been an accident, officials said. The victim is a seasonal parks worker and was off-duty at the time.
He was taken to the burn unit at Cornell Medical Center with burns over 50 percent of his body.
This is being investigated as an accident.
Man burned over half his body at Fort Greene Park in Brooklyn
More TOP STORIES News