1. Phillies fan injured by Phanatic's flying hot dog
Kathy McVay was at the Phillies-Cardinals game at Citizens Bank Park Monday night, seated behind home plate when the Phanatic rolled out onto the field with his hot dog launcher -- and one headed straight for her head.
2. Man with gun tattooed on forehead charged with illegally possessing gun
A man with a gun tattooed on his forehead has been charged with -- wait for it --- illegally possessing a firearm.
3. Woman adopts 29-pound cat named Chubbs
Discovered roaming the streets last week, the 29-pound Himalayan mix nicknamed "Chubbs" garnered interest far and wide -- well, mostly wide -- after the Pasadena Humane Society put him up for adoption.
4. Dog mayor retires after 4 years in office
After four years as the top elected official of a small town in Minnesota, a four-legged mayor has decided he's getting a bit long in the tooth and is not seeking re-election.
5. Man's finger cut off by sword during fight over parking spot in New Jersey
A fight over a parking spot in New Jersey turned violent when a man had one of his fingers cut off by a sword.
* More local news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts