Cops hunt for sex assault suspect

August 19, 2008 4:05:30 AM PDT
When police received what they thought was a promising tip, they moved in. Dozens of officers fanned out across Springfield Gardens in Queens trying to find a man who a witness said looked like the suspect wanted in a string of sex attacks. They did not find anyone after searching for about 90 minutes.

Regardless, residents told Eyewitness News that they were gratified that police are not leaving anything to chance in the search for the suspect.

At least five women were viciously attacked last month. Investigators believe the same man is responsible. Sketches of the suspect are posted across the community. Several of the victims were attacked near bus stops, so officers are also handing out copies of the sketches on buses. A surveillance tape was also released.

A $12,000 reward has been posted for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

---

STORY BY: Eyewitness News reporter Sandra Bookman

WEB PRODUCED BY: Scott Curkin and Bob Monek ----
Click here for more New York and Tri-State News

Report a typo || Send a story idea || Send news photos/videos


Load Comments