Javits Center evacuated after fire

January 29, 2011 7:54:08 PM PST
The Javits Center was evacuated Saturday night after a fire broke out on the first floor.

The fire started in a trash can behind one of the booths.

Firefighters say the flames were quickly extinguished by the buildings sprinklers.

There was an accessories show going on at the time of the fire.

The event was over for the night and the only people inside the center at the time were workers.

One person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

Load Comments